Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Oh Where, Oh Where Could Our Dossier Be?

Yes, I am trying to maintain my sense of humor, but it is not easy right now. Our dossier, which includes the original of every document we need for this adoption, is lost in the mail. The funniest thing is that is not lost in Guatemala; it is lost here in the USA.
What does this mean? Well, a few things. The courier company (I won't mention any names, but PLEASE contact me before you ship something so you NEVER use this company!) has no idea where it is. It was mailed on the 21st. It should have been in Guatemala days ago. According to the company, it might be in Ohio. Ohio? I don't think that is anywhere near Guatemala.
Megan (our "agent" so to speak) and Carla (our attorney) have been working on this situation for several days without saying anything to us. They have been trying to protect us from what might be the inevitable . . . making a new dossier.
I think I have the new dossier under control already. I THINK I could have all the documents notarized and I could take them to Harrisburg for the state seal on Tuesday. From there they get mailed back to the Consulate of Guatemala in New York. From there, they try to make it to Guatemala for the second time. We pretty much lose 3 things: TONS of money, TONS of our own time, and a HUGE PIECE of our sanity.
Isn't this EXCITING? No. It isn't. The only good news is that this should not hold anything up, if we move quickly.
Say a prayer that we get a call that tell us our dossier has been found before I go back to Harrisburg on Tuesday! :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips