Lilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Things Are Getting Better!

What a way to end the week! Frank and I just received new pictures of Baby Dominic. They made me cry; I think he is so beautiful. Frank wants to bring him home NOW! He just had his second physical and he is doing great! His weight is just over 6 lbs. now and he appears to be perfectly healthy. We weren't expecting pictures so soon, but they DEFINITELY reminded us that all of this chaos is worth it!

Our dossier is still MIA. Amazingly enough, Frank and I have been able to recreate the entire set of documents in just 2 days. We were only able to do this because people are so kind. We met an amazing young woman who works for our state representative and she has been willing to do everything in her power to help us. Our doctors, our school district, our friends, everyone has been so helpful and kind to us. We are so thankful. Because of all of these people, we have been able to do the impossible. We recreated a dossier that took 3 months to build in 24 hours.

So the dossier will travel to Harrisburg on Tuesday. Thankfully, Aimee has volunteered to go with me and keep me company. What a great friend! :) Tuesday afternoon the dossier will be overnighted to NYC and authenticated. It should take about a week until we get it back to Megan, our adoption facilitator. She is amazing. She called the president of the shipping company for us and it appears that we will be refunded for our losses. She is truly a remarkable person.

We are still without our INS/homeland security approval but it should be here any day. We KNOW that is not lost :) The Power of Attorney is in Guatemala and in Carla's hands. That is great news!

I have a few shout-outs . . . a million thanks to our family and friends for consoling us this week! Thank you for all of your support! Thanks to two of my best friends in the world, Lani and Chrissy, for giving me some of the BEST news I have heard in a long time this week! I am so happy for you both! Thanks so much to Marcy for lending me her ear on Wednesday (and over and over and over again)at school AND running around to help me out. You are a great friend and I owe you a million cups of Dunkin' Donuts Coffee . . . only Decaf for pregnant ladies, though! Thanks a million to Susan, Aimee and Aimee's mom for helping us with those witness statement without blinking an eye :)

Hopefully more news is yet to come. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers during these next few months. Thanks so much to everyone for your kindness! Keep checking here for more news. :)

Comments:
I am so thrilled for you and Frank. I hope everything continues smoothly and that you're soon holding your little boy. He is blessed.
 
Congratulations. He's a beautiful looking baby.
 
I am glad everything is working out. I get more excited about him everytime I read these posts of yours. You are doing an amazing job, Lis. He'll come home to us soon!!

Meg
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips