Lilypie Baby Ticker

Sunday, December 18, 2005

 

Annual Ornament Picture


Here is our 2005 Christmas ornament picture. The ornament has a great story behind it. After we moved into our house and adopted Princess, the most wonderful cat in the world, Frank decided to start a cute tradition. We took a picture of the three of us by the tree. He went out and bought a Christmas ornament for the picture. He wanted to surprise me with the ornament for Christmas. When he went to put the picture in the ornament, he realized that instead of "OUR FAMLIY" it said "NUESTRA FAMLIA." Frank and I do not speak any Spanish; I taught German for three years and he took Italian in high school. Well, it's the thought that counts and it was a really good idea on Frank's part! He decided that it would be cute just to give me the Spanish ornament. And that's where the tradition began. Little did we know a few years ago that those ornaments would represent the language of Dominic's homeland . . . what irony :) This year, I should receive my "Nuestra Familia 2005" ornament. For now, the fourth part of nuestra familia will only be home in our hearts.

Comments:
Lisa,
I never knew my cousin could be that clever! (you learn something new everyday. Can't wait to see the next picture of Dominic!

Love, Maureen
 
What a wonderful "coincidence"...

Merry Christmas!
Katharina
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips