Lilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

In a Holding Pattern . . .

Just wanted to update everyone with the latest . . . which is nothing! We are in a not-so-exciting holding pattern right now. Not much is happening and I don't think too much will in the next few weeks. This isn't a bad thing, just part of the process. Of course, there is nothing we can do on our end here but wait. We are waiting for our embassy pre-approval which will probably take a few more weeks. We also need to get out of Family Court and then we are on to the final phase, PGN. I know that all that info is probably just plain old confusing to all of you, so thanks for bearing with me! Hopefully we'll have some new pictures soon.

Right now, Frank and I are just trying to get things organized around the house and get ready for the holiday season. My brother-in-law Michael has been helping us get Dominic's room ready. I'll put some pictures of his room up when it is done. We are going with an airplane theme . . . it's really cute! Other than that, we are plain old busy and just waiting and waiting and waiting for some news. As my close friends and family know, I don't DO well with waiting . . . but I'm hanging in there!

I don't think I mentioned that we received the actual hard copy of the DNA results right before Thanksgiving. In the results were 2 pictures of Dominic and his birth mother. Those pictures were hard for Frank and I to see because his birth mother must feel so sad. Dominic, on the other hand, looks like he is oblivious to it all (and I am sure he is!). Anyway, she looks like she is trying to smile in both the pictures. We will tuck them away and share them with him when he is ready. I'm not sure that we will ever show them to anyone else.

Our package made it to Guatemala. Yes, I still have an extreme fear of things getting lost in the mail, but this shouldn't surprise you!

Happy December! Enjoy the beginning of the holiday season :)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips