Lilypie Baby Ticker

Thursday, December 08, 2005

 

We Have PREAPPROVAL!


We have jumped through another hoop! This afternoon, I received a BEAUTIFUL e-mail message from the US Embassy in Guatemala. It informed us that our case officially had preapproval. I was shocked; I actually cried a little bit! I was hoping and hoping and hoping that we would receive preapproval by Christmas. It has been taking most people around 45 business days because of embassy back-ups. Well, we received our preapproval in a RECORD time of 19 business days! Honestly, I'm shocked!
You are probably wondering what this means. You might even think that may have given us a more definite answer regarding the date of Dominic's homecoming. Well, sad to say . . . we don't really know much more about that. I think I have become a Guatemalan-Adoption-Guru over the past several months and the process makes sense to me. It doesn't make much sense to anyone else. Frank doesn't even really get it, but I try to keep him up-to-date.
For those of you who WANT to make some sense out of this, check out http://www.guatefam.org/process.htm. Go to the RELINQUISHMENT: THE BASIC STEPS section. I would say we are probably around Step 13. We still need to get out of Family Court and into PGN.
Please continue to keep us in your thoughts . . . today's news was big but we still need some more big things to happen :)

Comments:
WONDERFUL!!
Congratulations... and even though this is not the last step - it's another one, and that's great!!! I'll keep praying that things will continue to go this smoothly now...

Love from the other end of the ocean, ich denke an euch,
Katharina
 
I am so happy for you guys. 19 days is amazing. Come on Family Court..and PGN lets bring this boy home.
 
Wow,only 19 days! Yay! Took me 4 wks. Took me a week from the "preapproval" to get into PGN. Been in PGN for 10 days but I hear the stay in PGN is happening at record times, 10-15 days. We may be there around the same time :) Very happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS on passing another big step!!

Betsy
 
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see this little guy! He is such a cutie.......will keep up the prayers
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips