Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

Pleasantly Surprised!

As many of our loyal fans know, we spent some serious time waiting for our immigration approval. Technically, you should have it before you accept your referral. We were worried about major law changes in Guatemala so we accepted our approval while we were waiting for it. And we waited, and waited, and waited . . . it took about a month longer than expected. I have gotten it through my head that things from immigration take a long time. So when we were told that we would receive Dominic's certificate of citizenship 45 days after returning from Guatemala, I laughed and starting looking for the phone number I would need to call when it didn't show up. Well, well, well . . . guess what DID show up today, much earlier than expected! We have Dominic's certificate :) He is 100% a United States citizen! His little picture is on it . . . very cute! We are in the process of having his first and middle names changed through orphans court. Supposedly in PA we can change his name through the county court system. We should be able to order a PA birth certificate with his new name in 4 weeks. Of course, I have my doubts but we'll see. Once we have his new birth certificate, we will have his first and middle names changed on his certificate of citizenship. Ah, yes . . . I don't think that this paper chase will ever end.
Dominic is doing great. He is starting to take naps at the same time everyday, which is a beautiful thing. He loves hearing himself make noises. We were out and about today. He decided to test out all of the different screaming noises he could at Bed Bath and Beyond. I thought it was funny. So did one cashier. No one else was amused. He is starting to make different sounds and I have heard the letter "M." I am REALLY working on "Mama" or "Mommy" with him. When I say either to him, he laughs hysterically. I don't know why but I am glad that I can entertain him so easily. After seeing and hearing about all the fun Carlton and Dylan have in their Jumperoos, we brought one home for him. He LOVES it . . . I'll take some pictures soon! Have a great day!

Comments:
Yay for quick action by USCIS!
 
That's great!!! I need your help. I'm also in PA and haven't even started our paperchase. I have no clue....I'm going to see if I can find a way to e-mail you through your blog. :)
 
I was suprised to receive Gabe's certificate so quickly myself. I started filling out the form to get a revised certificate issued with his new name. I'm bummed that it costs $220 for a name change. Ahh, beauracracy.

Gabe would also crack up everytime I would say mama to him at first. I could never figure out why it was so funny.
 
Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
With the best regards!
David
 
Good afternoon.I should say, that Your site is really great. Design, layouts, structure, logos...Everything is so awesome!Thanks a lot once more!Iam deffinetely bookmarking this site!
With the best regards!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips