Lilypie Baby Ticker

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

A Busy, Busy, Busy Weekend!



Dominic had a very, very busy weekend! Last Thursday, he and I left for our first road trip to the beach. We stayed with my parents for three nights and Dominic was SUCH a good baby! He did very well sleeping at the shore; he slept in the crib that I used as a baby! He actually slept through the night on Thursday. Frank came down Friday night and my brother followed on Saturday. Dominic LOVED the beach. He is going to be a total sand-eater this summer! We went to "taco night" with Nana and Grandpa. He didn't eat any tacos (0r drink any beer) but he demonstrated his ENTIRE collection of new-found monster noises at the restaurant. We went out for breakfast, walked on the boardwalk, and took lots of pictures. Don't let the "serene" dune picture fool you . . . he was face down and screaming in the sand right after I took the picture! We also celebrated Nana and Uncle Steve's birthdays. On Sunday, we came home and went to Grandmom and PopPop's where we celebrated Mother's Day. On Mother's Day, Dominic was able to see all of his grandparents, aunts and uncles!He even had the chance to visit with his Great-grandmom and his Great-aunt Linda. Mother's Day was wonderful for me this year. I am so happy to finally be a mommy :)
On Monday, we had to put the little guy through some serious torture. He had to have 10 vials of blood drawn to make sure that his vaccinations are up to par. This was not a pleasant experience by any means. It was actually pretty horrible for Frank and me. The technicians could not find his tiny little veins. They tied up and pounded on his arms until they found something. We are really hoping that his shots in Guatemala were OK and that we won't have to have them done again. The rest of Monday was very nice. Amy brought little Alyssa Rose to visit. We took the kids (doesn't that make you feel old, Burkel?) to the mall. We were actually able to eat and do a little shopping. Dominic and Alyssa were very, very cute together . . . not that we are pushing anything :)
Cousin Maureen finally had her little girl! Her name is Kiera and she was 9 1/2 lbs! Mommy and baby are doing great. We can't wait to see them! Lani sent me some new pictures of Maggie and Carrie. They are getting so big and so cute :) Luke is home from the hospital and doing great with his Mommy and Daddy. Aimee, Dominic and I went to visit their family today . . . we had a very nice time! We also received some adorable little outfits and a hard-to-find book in the mail today from Stacie; it was so nice!
So I wonder . . . how did I ever teach full time? Maybe the better question is . . . how will I start again in September? I really love being at home and soaking up every second with this beautiful little boy. I am really looking forward to the summer when Frank can be home with us, too. Unfortunately, being at home has given me time to peruse Ebay once again. This is not a good thing! I finally have over 100 stars though! Erin, maybe I will find one of your yard-sale specials!
I guess that is about it from now. Note to all my blog-buddies: I LOVE all the pictures and stories! All of them! Savanna is adorable. Gabe is getting so big! The Tots are AMAZING and partially mobile! Kiley is so sweet and Miss M is on the move. I am so glad that all of these babies are home and happy! Enjoy the rest of the week :)

Comments:
Lisa - drop me an email - I have to tell you something offline.

Julie
 
Riley hates her feet in the sand too. Yet she'll stick it all up in her mouth!

Dominic is a doll! They grow up way too fast.
 
I know what you mean about going back to teaching! Good luck with that!

`Nicki

p.s. Dominic looks incredibly happy with his family - happy Mother's Day!
 
Lisa, what a great update (except for the blood draw, poor boy!). Love the pictures, Dominic is so adorable!

I would love to bring the tots to the beach this summer, but Jeff is totally against it. Next summer, I guess!
 
Had a great time on Monday, can't wait to come visit again!! And what do you mean we're not pushing anything? I thought they are betrothed ;)
 
Gorgeous photos! You have to frame the one of him on the dune!
 
Dominic is too adorable for words! You look so natural with him too. I LOVE the pics! Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Enjoy every minute you have with him (I know you will).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips