Lilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, July 21, 2006

 

Growing so fast!

We took Dominic to the pediatrician the other day, just for a weight check. He is up to 16 lbs. 13 oz. He gained 1 lb. and 4 oz. in 5 weeks. We were really happy with that. If he makes it to 19 lbs. by his first birthday, he will be "on" the American charts. Right now, he isn't in a percentile. We aren't too concerned because according to the Guatemalan charts, he is right on track. He feels like he is gaining a pound a day!

I can't believe how quickly he is growing. My baby isn't a baby anymore! He is really turning into a little boy. He LOVES toy cars and trucks and making messes! Aimee had Chrissy, Luke, Dominic and me over for a really nice little lunch yesterday. Luke is almost 3 months and you can tell by the pictures that Dominic is way out of of the infant stage. They were very, very cute together! Dominic was fascinated with Luke's crying . . . looks like he was trying to make him feel better :)

I think his favorite thing by far is the water. We went to visit our friend Susan on Sunday and Dominic played in the baby pool for 2 hours! He loves it. The other pictures are from his bath. He tries to stand up all the time. It is VERY hard to keep him down. He has mastered shaking his head "No" which is probably not a good things. He probably just knows it because I have to say NO to him all the time. He is ALWAYS looking for trouble! No wonder I am so tired all the time!


What a face! We are really enjoying every second that we have with him. I know that we are really lucky to both have the summer off. I think that Dominic is really growing attached to us. It will be hard not to be with him during the day once we got back to school; I hope I make it! So many people have done it and I have many good roles models to follow so I know that I will be OK. Dominic spent the night with his Grandmom and PopPop so we could go to the movies and he did just great. He is very good about staying away from home! (We saw "Dead Man's Chest" . . . what did you think? I liked the first one MUCH better. I did like the fights in this one . . . I HATED the ending . . . how could she DO that!!! So bitter :) )

Congratulations to Meredith and Mark on the birth of their 9 lb. son, Mark :) He is adorable! Tomorrow, the three of us will be traveling to my friend Kim's baby shower. I will finally get to see her belly and she will get to meet our little guy. From there, we are heading to the the beach with Nana and Grandpa for a few days.

Stay cool and safe :)


Comments:
I LOVE the pictures, Dominic is adorable!!!
 
Now there's a little boy who loves his baths! :)
 
He may end up being a swimmer after all...i miss the little guy. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love,
Meg
 
He's so sweet. Isabel was born a few weeks after him and we were in Guatemala the same time you were. I'm glad to hear he's doing so well.
 
I can't believe he's grown so much. LOVE Dom's smile. It sounds like he's keeping you as busy as Sassy Queen Savanna is keeping me!Girl, it ain't easy packing/unpacking w/ a toddler! I hope to be back online at home tonight.

LOVE THE PICS.
 
I love your blog! thanks for your comment, I love to be able to read other people's journeys
Dominic is ADORABLE
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips