Lilypie Baby Ticker

Friday, July 14, 2006

 

I don't know how he got my cheeks . . .

Here is one for all friends who have adopted or are in the process. We went to the social security office the other day to apply for Dominic's card. We waited forever and Frank finally got to the counter to apply. My job was to entertain Dominic. We played on the chairs, crawled on the floor, ate some snacks, did some high-fives . . . and so on. A woman who had also been waiting was watching us. "What a CUTE baby!" she said. "He definitely has your cheeks and nose and his father's coloring!" I had to laugh. I said thank you and that we thought he was cute, too. It isn't too far of a stretch for someone to think that Dominic is our biological son, and I didn't want to embarrass this woman, but I did tell her that Dominic was adopted. After about five minutes of telling me how LUCKY Dominic was (and of course I told her that we, in fact, were the lucky ones) she told me that she always finds that adoptive children start to look like their parents at some point. Really? I don't think she knows too many adoptive families! :)

Anyway, the good news is that we now have Dominic's social security card with the official name change. We have the PA birth certificate, too, and we are just waiting for the new certificate of citizenship. We went to immigration and filed that paperwork. We were told that it could take 8 months to a year. All that time for a NAME CHANGE on a document!

Here are two new pictures. My son has realized that I am obsessed with taking pictures of him and he has developed a "SAY CHEESE" smile. It is very funny and very CHEESY as well! Stay cool :)

Comments:
I just happened upon your blog this morning and wanted to say that he is the cutest little guy ever!
 
Look at those feet! He is going to be tall! Some lady saw Liam's feet and said they looked like little dinner rolls!
PS Liam has another blog just for him http:/dangerishismiddlename.blogspot.com
 
Actually, she is right. My Mom is not biologically related to me at all yet we sound so much alike that my Grandmother couldn't tell us apart and we are always being told that people can see the resemblence. Now, we are both caucasion but still.
 
He is getting so BIG!!! Yeah when I checked on line to see the processing time for the new certificate of citizenship I freaked too..
 
My smile never looks that cute when I say "cheese"!

THANK YOU FOR THE PICS!
 
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips