Lilypie Baby Ticker

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

 

"I am ONE . . . Watch Out, World!"




I think that is what our little man would say if he could speak. Dominic has a fabulous first birthday! He loved his balloons and his very own cake. He doesn't really understand the concept of gift and he doesn't realize how many cool new things he has but I am sure he will notice them soon. He is a very, very happy baby and we are a very, very happy family!

Dominic has learned how to stand up all by himself. It is the cutest thing! He will be in the middle of the room and he will suddenly sprout up, just like a little flower! He realizes that he is standing up and he gets a big smile on his face . . . then he lands on his rear end. It is really funny. He stands up more and more all the time and I'm sure that he will figure out how to take a step soon.

We think we might have 2 "words" from him right now. We have decided that he refers to me as Mamamamama, give or take a few ma's. He usually says this when he sees me or when he wants me to hold him so we guess that is his name for me. The new word we might have is "Tee" which we think is for "Kit-tee." "Dadadada" is creeping up into third place and we might even be hearing "Bah" for balloons.

We had our post-placement appointment with our agency and everything went really well. Megan loved meeting Dominic and he loved showing off for her! We had a nice long talk about our love for Guatemala. Frank and I really love the country and we hope that we will be able to add a sibling from Guatemala to our family someday.

Life has been crazy now that I am back to school full time. I am thankful that I am busy because it keeps my mind away from the fact the I am not with my little boy. We have a really great situation and he is right across the street from my school all day long. He has 2 other little boys to play with. I think that the socialization is great for him. He makes so many different sounds at home and I am sure that he got them from the other kids. He really does well at Jeff and Michelle's house. Michelle hasn't had any problems getting him to sleep (knock on wood) and he adores her. I will admit that my favorite part of the day is when I go to pick him up. When he sees me, his entire face lights up and he races over to me as fast as he can. I get a big hug and a baby kiss and lots of smiles. I don't think there are many things in this world that make me as happy as this does.

This will be our last blog entry. It has been one full year since Dominic was born in our hearts. Thank you so much for following us on our journey. When I think back to the email I received last September 16th, it give me chills to think that the beautiful little boy in the referral pictures is now my son. After months of staring at pictures and praying for everything to be completed, we are now together as a family and no one can ever take our Dominic away from us. You will never now how much your kindness and support has meant to me. Thank you for reading and thank you for your prayers :)

Comments:
I'm sorry to see you leave BlogLand :(

Happy First Birthday to Dominic, and may his second year be wonderful! Best of luck to you.
 
You did an awesome job with this Lis.

Meg
 
You did an awesome job with this Lis.

Meg
 
Happy Birthday!

You're leaving? I will miss updates on Dominic. You have my e-mail. Hint, hint! :)
 
Happy Birthday, Dominic!

I'll be sorry to see you go... maybe you'll be back when you start paperwork on #2?

Maybe you'll post some pics of Dominic now and then so we can revel in his cuteness?!

Take care!
 
Happy birthday Dominic.

No, you can't go! Now, I'm totally bummed. Just a few updates now an again? I love your blog.....
 
Happy Birthday Dominic!!!!!!!!
From your friend Liam
 
I'll miss reading up on Dom. Happy birthday!
 
Every entry you wrote was about your hopes and dreams for your little guy. How lucky Dominic will be to have this record that conveys how much he was wanted. I was honored to be a part of your journey and will look forward to journey #2 when it happens.

I am very happy for you, dear friend!
Susan
 
Just a little update once a month? with a picture of Dominic? So sad.....

I hope you all are doing well, have adjusted to the school year. Sending you prayers and hugs...
 
I miss you and reading about Dominic. Won't you come back? Just once in awhile? sniff, sniff.
 
Hello, I am wanting to see some Halloween pics, and Thanksgiving :)
 
Merry Christmas Lisa, Dominic, and Hub!

I still miss you and think of you often.

Happy New Year's!
 
PUL-EEZE come back! Going through major withdrawal!

I hope you are well. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you and Dominic.
 
Savanna wishes Dominic a "Happy Valentine's Day". She cannot wait for the day when she can date him and get married and have babies (oh, what bad a thought!).+
 
.





Hi matey and blog buddies, enjoyed the blog most interesting. Not sure how well you are doing in driving more traffic to your blog but If you are interested in promoting your site and getting more visitors (aren't we all??) I would definitely recommend the free Link Referral Program.

I have a website featuring arcade game sales amongst other stuff and after trying every seo software/program on the net I got tipped off by an IT techi mate that the Link Referral Program was the best - more importantly it's free!!

The signup process was quick and before long my hits increased dramatically. Consequently my affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS my website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If you didn't need this advice then I am sorry but you did have anonymous posting enabled on your blog. If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)










.
 
.





Hi matey

I'm sure it was this blog I was reading a while back where someone was looking for an SEO tool for driving more traffic and get more hits for their website.

Anyway, I was speaking to a techi guy at work who gets to know all the latest stuff and he uses the free Link Referral Program.

His website on free share site video amongst other stuff has seen traffic explode since he started using the Link Referral Program - consequently his affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS his website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)










.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
clay poker chips set
pokerchips